Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I’ll donate my confab allowance to charity- Femi Falana says



Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana, says he would not reject the N12million Federal Government allowance to be paid to delegates for the ongoing National Conference instead he will donate it to charity to avoid possible diversion of the money. He explains to Punch why he took the decision…

“I once rejected rams and rice sent to me for Christmas by a state government but I found out that they were not returned to the sender; they were diverted by those who brought them. Since then, I have learnt to collect such gifts and donate them to the poor, who really need them.”
He added…

“Why pay allowances to those who live in their own houses in Abuja or those who are accommodated in posh hotels by their state governments?

I am aware that Pastor Tunde Bakare and Olisa Agbakoba, SAN, have announced that they would not take the allowances. That is commendable. I know both of them. They are very comfortable. In my case, I shall collect the allowances and give them to the needy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment