Thursday, March 27, 2014

PHOTO: Man Lands In Hospital After Swallowing Cutlery Over Bet


 * Scan picture of the fork in Calincescu's oesophagus
Reports say Calincescu experienced an ‘intense pain’ a few minutes after the stupid stunt.
He complained to doctors he had an uncomfortable feeling in his oesophagus, but failed to mention he had swallowed the fork.
Doctors were left stunned when they checked his X-ray and discovered the foreign object lodged in his throat.
"I had been drinking and I bet with my friend that I could swallow the fork without getting hurt," he explained.
Mr Calincescu was discharged without undergoing an emergency operation after doctors told him to wait and see if the fork comes out naturally.
"I have to come back in a few days to see if the fork has moved. If it reaches my stomach and looks like it could pierce the lining I will need an operation," he added.
"I realise now it was a very stupid thing to do. I don’t think I will be taking part in any bets for a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment