Monday, March 10, 2014

No Surgery For Injured Leon Balogun

 

Fortuna Dusseldorf and new Super Eagles right back, Leon Balogun, will afterall not undergo surgery on his injured right foot, German medics ruled at the weekend.
An excited Balogun said from his German base on Sunday that when he went for a second check on his injury he was told by doctors that the injury he sustained in the friendly against Mexico last Wednesday in Atlanta, Georgia, United States is not as serious as previously envisaged hence there will be no need for surgery.
“They told me that the two bones broken are in the base of my foot, which will heal on their own and will not require me to undergo any surgical operation. I was also told that within six weeks I should be in good condition and another two or four weeks for rehabilitation. Overall I should be back kicking the ball by the time the national team returns to camp”, he declared.
Already, treatment for the 25 year defence ace has already began in German and the Nigerian medics are also keeping a close tab on his treatment. “Yes, I have been in touch with Dr Ibrahim Gyaran, team administrator, Dayo Enebi Achor and I must say I am totally overwhelmed by the show of love by Nigerians and fans across the world. I remain committed to overcome this initial setback and return quickly for the World Cup preparations”, he said.
He said he will keep fit while recuperating by visiting the gym regularly. “I just hope I don’t look to muscular when I resume training, but I will keep fit while I try to get myself ready for future challenges”, he said laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment