Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I’m The Easiest Person To Work With – Obasanjo Reveals

 

Former President of Nigeria Olusegun Obasanjo who was very well known for his 'no-nonsense' attitude while in office, yesterday, revealed he remains the easiest human being that you anyone can work with.
photo
Obasanjo made this statement in Abeokuta, Ogun State when Muyiwa Akintunde and Des Wilson, a professor of University of Uyo interviewed him on the proposed book on the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Obong Ufot Ekaette.
He revealed contrary to the general notion about him, he's a simple person but would he won't hesitate to give whoever behaves wrongly the much deserved treatment.
According to him ‘’I am the easiest human being that you can work with, but if you come to do mago mago, I will throw you out. Not that I know it all, but I know where am going. If I am planning to go to Lagos and you direct me to the North, I will check the compass, and know where the route to where am going”, the former president stated.
He expressed fear about the current state of the country saying ‘’What I know about Nigeria, we shouldn’t be where we are now, it is painful that we are  here we are today.
Obasanjo who attributed his good health to God said: ‘’ That my health has never failed me is an act of God. It’s God’s doing, I watch what I eat, I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, but if I do any other things you consider not good, forgive me. I enjoy humour, life without humour is not complete’
Obasanjo while speaking on Ekaette, his former SGF, on why he retained and worked with Ekaette for eight years said ‘’I make use of him because of his experience. He is industrious, hardworking and the typical public servant whose experience in the civil service assisted me a lot.
‘’ He was never a novice in politics, remember he was a deputy governor in Akwa Ibom State. He did his job conscientiously. In the job of SGF, the older the better because of experience, if they talk to you, they have something to offer’’, Obasanjo told the authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment