As women near the onset of menopause, hormonal changes increase the likelihood of fibroid development. Lower amounts of progesterone and increased amounts of estrogen can cause fibroids, which can lead to menstrual problems, anemia, dizziness and fatigue. A few changes in your diet and other healthy natural changes can help prevent the formation of fibroids and shrink and eliminate existing fibroids.
First of all, it would be a good idea to get a complete gynecological evaluation to rule out conditions that may have symptoms similar to fibroids. Once other conditions have been ruled out, here are some things that can help reduce and get rid of fibroids:
* Avoid meats other than salmon, mackerel, tuna and cold-water fish which actually help reduce inflamed tissues and fibroid irritation. In general, avoid junk foods, fast foods, saturated fats, sugar, bleached white flour and processed foods. Also avoid alcohol and tobacco products.
* Eat a diet that is high in fruits and vegetables, especially raw fruits and vegetables for their fiber content and their digestive enzymes which help remove fibrin.
* Incorporate pinto beans, split peas, lima beans, black beans and kidney beans into your diet to diminish estrogen levels and thwart fibroid growth. Eat at least one helping of beans every day.
* Eat natto regularly. Natto is a traditional Japanese food made from fermented soybeans and is commonly eaten for breakfast in Japan. It contains the fibrinolytic enzyme nattokinase. (Note: avoid all non fermented soy products).
* Limit the amount of estrogen that enters your body. Reducing estrogen levels can naturally shrink fibroids. This includes limiting the use of birth control pills, hormone replacement drugs, spermicides and pesticides.
* Practice stress reduction techniques. Stress can deplete progesterone in the body and lead to a surge of estrogen. Taking the time to de-stress can help shrink fibroids naturally. Also get adequate sleep, since lack of proper sleep can contribute to stress.
* Watch your weight. Losing weight can potentially help shrink uterine fibroids naturally
* Mix one to two tablespoons of blackstrap molasses with 6 oz. milk. Drink once or twice daily to help remedy issues related to anemia by improving iron and potassium levels. The healthiest and best tasting milk, if available, is raw goat's milk.
* Drink two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8 oz. of water once each day to help with the elimination of body toxins and with fat loss.
* To speed up fibroid elimination, take 3-4 digestive enzyme tablets two or three times daily on an empty stomach. As mentioned earlier, digestive enzymes help break up and dissolve fibrin. Be sure to include serrapeptase for maximum fibrin elimination.