Oscar winning actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead in his Manhattan apartment after an apparent drugs overdose. Hoffman, 46, was found in his bathroom on Sunday morning on the 4th floor of his West Village Apartment with a syringe still sticking out of his arm surrounded by bags of heroin.
The actor was discovered fully clothed in his bathroom around 11:36 am by his screenwriter friend David Katz, who called 911. Emergency workers rushed to the scene where Hoffman was discovered to be unconscious and unresponsive - and was declared dead on arrival.
Late Seymour won the Academy Award for Best actor for the 2005 film, Capote. He is survived by longtime partner, Mimi O'Donnell, and their three children, daughters Tallulah and Willa and son Cooper.