Tuesday, February 25, 2014

JUST IN: Drogba Joins Chelsea?

 

Didier Drogba has admitted he would be tempted by a return to Chelsea at the end of the season if Jose Mourinho came calling.
photo
 * Drogba, right, and Mourinho
The Ivorian striker will lead the line for Galatasaray in their Champions League round of 16, first leg tie against Chelsea on Wednesday night but the lure of a return to Stamford Bridge at the end of the season could prove too strong.
In an interview, Drogba was asked if he would come back to the Barclays Premier League and replied: If, and I say if, by any chance it could happen, it would only be with one team.
'My contract ends this summer and then I will decide what is the best solution for me. But I had a great time at Chelsea and if Jose was saying, "Didier, I want you to come back", I would think about it.'
Drogba, who turns 36 next month, will be a free agent in the summer and though Galatasaray would like to extend his stay, he would consider a return to England.
He left Chelsea as a European champion in the summer of 2012, having scored 157 goals in 341 appearances in all competitions for the club over eight years.
Drogba's comments came as Mourinho was embarrassed by remarks made in a private conversation that he didn't have anyone to score goals.
The Chelsea manager was filmed without his knowledge while talking to the boss of Swiss watch-maker Hublot.
Speaking in French, he said: 'The problem with Chelsea is I lack a scorer. I have [Samuel] Eto'o but he is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?'
He hinted that the ideal solution would be to sign the Monaco striker Radamel Falcao, who deserves a bigger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment