Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stephen Keshi Can Do Without Me In Brazil -Osaze Odemwingie

 

Stoke City forward Osaze Odemwingie has revealed that the Super Eagles can do well at the 2014 Fifa World Cup, even without him.
photo
The former Cardiff City player who recently mended fences with coach Stephen Keshi said he was upset at being dropped from the Eagles’ squad to the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations and has realised his mistakes.
“I have been speaking with the coach, it’s the only right thing to do,” Odemwingie told BBC Sport.
“I had to be humble and make a step forward towards my senior colleagues.
“You can’t continue to stay in that angry state of mind. Staying in that state, it’s not the right thing to do. It’s never helpful for anyone,” he continued.
“It was very disappointing at the time, it was hard to accept it. I had a strong feeling that it was Nigeria’s time to win it. I was as frustrated as any other player.”
Odemwingie praised the impact of the national team’s psychologist Robinson Okosun towards helping him improve his relationship with Keshi.
“For me to hear that was very important on a human level. It’s not about people, its always about the country. We’re all defending the colours of our nation.
”Coach Keshi can do without me at the World Cup and my life will go on as well, but the most important thing is mutual respect.
”Now I know how he does things and how he wants things done and vice versa,” concluded the  32-year-old forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment