Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lady ends her life after becoming frustrated with technology



Retired teacher/environmentalist (pictured left) has ended her life at the Dignitas clinic in Switzerland after becoming increasingly disillusioned with modern life.

Anne, 89, was neither terminally ill nor seriously handicapped, but said she felt technology had taken the humanity out of social interaction and wants to end her life. In an interview before her death, she tells The Sunday Times…

'Why do so many people spend their lives sitting in front of a computer or television? I have never had a television, I have only had a radio ... People are becoming more and more remote ... We are becoming robots. It is this lack of humanity.

I find myself swimming against the current, and you can't do that. If you can't join them, get off. They say adapt or die. At my age, I feel that I can't adapt.'

Britons who are tired of life can choose to end their lives at the  Dignitas  clinic in the form of assisted suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment