Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dencia finally admits her cream bleaches + denies she was ever dark skinned



Her whitening cream has generated lots of buzz, so has her pocket…Lol.   To make matters worse, people decided to dig up her old pic of when she was still dark skinned to proof she was bleaching. But Dencia in an interview with Ebony.com claims the pic circulated on social media was not her real skin colour but that it was tanned for a photoshoot.  Ebony Mag. sought to know if she sees dark skin as obstacle:

No. Dark skin is beautiful.  Actually, I will send you pictures of when I was 16. I’m not that lighter from when I was younger, I’m not. The picture they’re passing around where I’m wearing the animal print underwear, that picture was three years ago and that was a tan. If anybody looks at that picture and you look at the oil on my skin, you would know it’s a tan. And it’s funny because one of my friends who was at the photo shoot with me that actually oiled me up with the tan sent me a message yesterday. She was like “Why are people going crazy about this picture when you were tanned on this picture?” I was never that dark in real life and I can send EBONY pictures of me when I was like 15, 16. And guess what? I don’t even care because they’re bringing me business. Because when you take that picture and you put a picture of Dencia darker, this is what you’re telling people – the product really works. And guess what? People really want to buy it.  It’s what it is. I don’t really care.

On whether she didn’t bleach her skin, Dencia says…


Have I…Has my skin lightened from when…like from the past five years? Yes it has. It has. Has it drastically lightened? No it hasn’t. Is it what people are saying? No it’s not.

Asked to explain how she can be dark in a picture one moment and suddenly light complexioned in promotional photos, Dencia went thus:

First of all when I did the photoshoot…let me tell you something, I did the Whitenicious photo shoot on the 13th of December, 2013. I just came back from Paris. I was in Europe for a month and I was indoors. I don’t go outside a lot generally. If you’re light skinned and you stay indoors a lot it’s gonna give you that pale look. And then I had just been going back and forth to the hospital because I was not feeling too good. My health is not very stable and it’s not because of anything with this, it’s something that I’ve had since I was a little girl. I was dehydrated and they gave me the drips to hydrate me. And when you come out with all those things, it makes you fresh and it gives you that pale look because you’ve not been out in the sun. That is why those pictures look like that. And everybody, even my sister said “Are you okay?” because they knew I was not feeling good. So it’s not about being pale because I’m bleaching my skin. It’s just because I stay indoors a lot and I take a lot of vitamins. Lots. And all those things have effects on your skin. And in the past I’ve probably taken medications that… you know there’s a lot of medications that have side effects of lightening your skin too.

When asked if Whitencious bleaches, Dencia finally admits…

Ok. Will Whitenicious bleach your skin if you use it on all your skin? Yes, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment