Friday, January 17, 2014

Who knew CNN reporter, Zain Asher is Chiwetel Ejiofor’s sister?



I am not aware they share any bloodline plus her name sounds so oyiboish. Well, that’s in the past now.:)

Zain Asher is a CNN financial correspondent/columnist and sister of award winning actor, Chiwetel Ejiofor. Many of her colleague didn’t even know she was related to the actor until  his Oscar nomination for Best Actor for his role in '12 Years a Slave'. In a very emotional interview, she explains what the recognition means to her family.

"Honestly, I could not sleep last night. I really couldn't. This was so emotional for me because -- I'm going to try not to cry -- this was a day that my family has really been hoping for and waiting for, for such a long time. Chiwetel -- he's been acting since he's 13 years old and -- oh my god! I told myself I wasn't going to cry. I do feel so emotional now.


He's worked so hard for this and growing up with him he was always in his bedroom practicing Shakespeare lines and writing Shakespeare on the wall. I would go out with my friends and I would come home and in the morning he would be reciting Measure for Measure and in the evening it would be Othello.

He's someone who's really dedicated and an actor's actor. He's been acting for over 20 years, and so to finally see recognition for his work -- I can't even describe the feeling."

No comments:

Post a Comment