Monday, January 13, 2014

Rivers State Police Commissioner Mbu: "Governor Amaechi Has Never Liked Me"

 

photo - Rivers State Police Commissioner Mbu: "Governor Amaechi Has Never Liked Me"
Commissioner of Police in RIvers State, Joseph Mbu
Speaking one day after the police dispersed a rally in Rivers State by allegedly using tear gas and shooting rubber bullets, Commissioner of Police in the State, Joseph Mbu says Governor Rotimi Amaechi has never liked him.
Governor Rotimi Amaechi has previously accused Mr. Mbu of "acting out a script from Abuja." However, Mr. Mbu dismissed the claim, explaining that the Governor resented him right from the very day he was posted to the State.
"Right from the day I was posted to Rivers State, Governor Rotimi Amaechi has never liked me. The first thing he had in mind was to say I was sent here to come and fight him. He wants to pocket every commissioner of police and he cannot pocket me. I have to do my job the way I should do it," Mr Mbu maintained.
He alleged that the governor had told him that when instructions were given from Abuja, the state government had the right to adjust the instructions to suit Rivers State.
"I told him it was not possible and that I will not take directives from Abuja and then change the policies of the police. The IG has his men on the ground and he has informants and they will know what is happening," he said.
The Police Commissioner stated he "stopped the abuse of policemen" as soon as he came to Rivers State.
"Each of the civil commissioners in this state was having four anti-terrorist policemen attached to him and that was wrong," Mr Mbu stated.
Mr. Mbu accused the media of being biased in their way of presenting issues involving the police in Rivers State.

No comments:

Post a Comment