Monday, January 13, 2014

Rivers commissioner resigns over Amaechi’s defection

 

The Rivers State Commissioner for Housing, Mr. Marshal Uwom, on Monday resigned his appointment.
Uwom, who spoke with newsmen shortly after submitting his resignation letter at Government House in Port Harcourt, said he was not comfortable with the defection of the State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, to the All Progressives Congress.
he said, “Series of recent developments, especially the decision of my boss, Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, to dump the Peoples Democratic Party for the All Progressives Congress formed the basis of my decision to leave the cabinet.
“I am a man that fears God and I am also principled too. I belong to the PDP and cannot continue to remain in the cabinet when my principal has left to join another party.”
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. David Iyofor, who spoke on the development, said it was Uwom’s choice to resign and wished him well in his future endeavour.
“The man decided to leave the cabinet. That is his choice and we wish him well in whatever he decides to do after,” Iyofor said in a telephone interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment