Sunday, January 12, 2014

Alleged murder: Police release Pastor Fireman on bail

 

Pastor Fireman
The State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, Lagos State on Saturday released popular pastor, Dr. Sign Fireman, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.
Fireman, who was arrested on Tuesday for conspiracy and murder, was said to have been released at about 6pm.
Fireman, whose real name is Ofuche Ukoha, was arrested last Tuesday after an 18-year-old suspect, Ikechukwu Egbo, implicated him.
Egbo, who was arrested for raping and killing a 12-year-old girl, Bose Ogoja, in the Badagry area of the state, said he did so under the instruction of Fireman.
He had said, “I attend Perfect Christianity Mission Headquarters around Ketu Street, Aguda, but I live with my parents in Badagry. I just finished secondary school and I have been very broke. So, I approached Pastor Sign Fireman for money, but he told me that I should strangulate a little girl.
“He explained that while strangulating the girl, she would pass out faeces in the throes of death. The pastor said I should obtain the faeces and bring it to him. He said if I could do this, he would give me N100,000.
“So, on December 30, 2013, I approached a young girl, Bose Ogoja. Her mother sells food in Badagry and I usually patronise them, so she trusted me. I told the girl that I wanted to show her something and she should follow me. I took her to an abandoned NITEL building and locked the door.
“I pressed her neck tightly and she passed out faeces. I was however not able to get the faeces because I was caught before I could escape.”
Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, had said last week that Fireman would be charged to court at the end of investigation.
However, when contacted on the telephone on Saturday, to confirm Fireman’s release, Braide said, “I am not aware of such release but I will get in touch with the officer in charge of homicide department to know the situation of things.”
An officer at the SCID however confirmed the release. He added that he did not know why Fireman was released, “I do not know why he was released. We just got a directive from above that he should be released on bail.”
The source disclosed that Fireman had said during interrogation that he had never met the 18-year-old suspect before and described the ordeal as a calculated attempt to taint his image.
Fireman’s lawyer, Peter Oboyi, confirmed the release to our correspondent on the telephone.
He added that there were no conditions for the bail and promised to provide our correspondent with more details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment