Wednesday, October 2, 2013

‘I’m A Cultist But I Don’t Kill’ - Young Cultist Confesses

 

 

photo A 20-year-old suspected cult member has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command.
The suspect, Olawale Olusote, however said that although he was a member of the Black Axe cult otherwise known as Aiye, he was not a killer.
It was learnt that the suspect, who had head injuries, was arrested last Friday in Ansar-Ud-Deen area of Epe during a clash with members of Eiye Confraternity.
According to Police authorities, Olusote and others escaped but were later arrested by vigilantes and handed over to the police.
The suspect however said he was a victim of the case.
“I am a 200 Level student of Business Administration at Lagos State Polytechnic. I was a good boy until last year when some members of Aiye forced me to join their cult. After joining, I continued to be a good person, I did not pick fights and never killed anyone.
“On the day I was arrested, I had gone to Ansar-Ud-Deen area to charge my phone when some Eiye members saw me and started beating me. Their plan was to kill me but they did not succeed. However, they were able to plant ammunition on me before fleeing in order to frame me up.”
It was learnt that the police also arrested two others after the clash.
The two suspects, Idowu Gborokini, and Adewunmi Seyi, however told our correspondent that they were not cult members but were only arrested by policemen during a raid in the area.
Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Damasus Ozoani, said that the suspects would be charged to court on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment