Wednesday, October 30, 2013

'How I Escaped From Kidnapper's Den' - 76-Year-Old Woman Reveals

 

photoA 76 year-old grandmother, identified as Mrs Otiti Esegba escaped from the den of her abductors about five hours after she was abducted on Monday.
Mrs. Esegba who is the mother of the Managing Director of Ben-Segba technical services, an oil servicing firm was abducted at about 2a.m by a 5-man kidnap group and was taken away on a motorcycle to their hideout at Oviri Olomu.
The incident took place at Akperhe community in Olomu kingdom, Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State.
Recounting her ordeal, Mrs. Esegba said, “At about 2a.m., while I was asleep, I heard a deafening noise but before I knew it, two heavily armed men stormed into the house and seized me after pulling down my door.“Three others, also armed, joined them and ransacked the house, took my jewelries, my clothes and money. They started beating and hitting me with guns.
“Thereafter, I was dragged onto one of the waiting motorcycles, popularly known as okada. One sat behind me and the three others took the other okada. The one seated behind me held my mouth and I was blind-folded.”
According to her, she pleaded with the kidnappers to free her but to no avail. She therefore started praying that her abductors should fall asleep and her prayers were answered.
Three of the kidnappers had left to go and abduct more victims and the two guarding her eventually fell asleep. That was when she ran and escaped from them.
Luckily for her, a fisherman took her in.
“He took me to his home at a place I later found out to be Oviri-Olomu, after hearing my story.
“At his home I found out that he was married to my niece. They clothed me as I was almost naked.”
“This man called my people at Akperhe at 6a.m. They came and alerted Oviri community leadership. That is my story,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment