Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nollywood actor, IK Ogbonna rubbishes gay & gigolo allegation



The Nollywood fine boy actor, model and businessman in this interview finally addresses the rumour that he is gay and sleeps with mamas for money. He tells Ajoke Onitolo…

The allegation about your trip to the States is that you went to do gigolo ‘runs’, what is your take on it?
I can never tell people what to say.  There is freedom of speech which God gave us, which our constitution also gave us.  People don’t really know my story. I have heard different things about me.  I have heard that I am a gigolo, gay that I have foolish attitude, that I am a snub.  But if they get closer to me they would say they did know I am this kind of person.  Some people don’t know I had a very rough beginning, even though my parents were on the average. I moved to Lagos alone and I had a very rough time.  I slept on the street sometimes.  Seven years ago when I moved down to Lagos, for like three years or so, I slept in cars.  I had this friend of mine that I used to sleep in his car and burn insecticide at night. I always carry myself well because I know where I am destined to be.  I kept on pushing.  Sometimes I slept over at the club when there is no friend’s house to pass the night.  I was homeless.  I had things very rough at a particular point in time.  It is God’s grace that is working for me. When people say I am a gigolo, I am waiting for the person that will come and tell me I slept with his mother. If one person can just come and tell me, IK see this woman you are sleeping with, she is my mother and I will admit I am a gigolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment