Tecno mobile phones will now preinstall BBM™on TECNO phones running the Android operating system.With BBM preinstalled, customers will be able to easily get started chatting and connecting with friends and family on the popular private social network from BlackBerry®.
BBM, with its privacy, control and immediacy, is very popular in the Nigerian market, where everybody wants a BBM PIN. Continue...
According to Vice President, TECNO Group, Mr. Arif Chowdhury, BBM will be preloaded on TECNO phones in 20 countries. For customers already using TECNO phones, BBM will of course be available as a free download on the Google Play store.
“This collaboration is good news for customers,” saidChowdhury. “It is our objective, not only for Nigerians, but for Africans as a whole, to acquire smartphones and enjoy a smart life and to be able to use the phone to its maximum benefit, and that is why we are working with BlackBerry to preload BBM on all new TECNO smartphones.
“After the huge success of the Phantom A series, TECNO is now launching the next star product named Phantom AIII, and of course, this high technology smartphone will come preloaded with BBM,” added Chowdhury.
Android customers can enjoy the rich features of BBM that include:
· – Enjoy real, immediate conversations with friends on Android, iPhone and BlackBerry smartphones. Not only does BBM let you know that your message has been delivered and read, it also shows you that your friend is responding to the message.
· – With BBM you can share files on your phone such as photos and voice notes, all in an instant.
· – Multi-person chats are a great way to invite contacts to chat together. BBM Groups lets you invite up to 30 friends to chat together, and go a step further than multi-chat by sharing photos and schedules. And, with Broadcast Message, you can send a message out to all your BBM contacts at once.
· – BBM lets you post a personal message, profile picture and your current status, and lets your contacts know instantly in Updates.
· – Every BBM user has a unique PIN that maintains your privacy, so you don’t have to give out your phone number or email address to a new or casual contact.
Executive Vice President for BBM at BlackBerry Mr. Andrew Bocking said, “BBM continues to grow in popularity and as the recent launch on Android and iOS suggests, BBM is the ‘must have’ app for active conversations. While we continue to evolve BBM with more features and functionality, we are excited to work with OEMs like TECNO to preinstall BBM, giving their smartphone customers in Africa quick and easy access to the service right out of the box.”